Monday, November 21, 2011

Showers by Midnight…Day 21 of NaBloPoMo.

“Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease.” - Lisa Alther

As a mom of two, it is typical to take some ME time when the kids are in bed. Me time is basically a late night shower, singing in the hot steam and ending the night with one or two television shows or movies (glass of rose', if I'm fortunate). I sometimes watch movies in fast forward, getting the gist of the storyline. If characters are walking or reminiscing or there is a cheesy music montage the forward button is pushed. If I’m feeling extra Super Mom ambitious, I might do a load of laundry or put dishes away too. Hold me back, I’m a domestic animal. Roar, ahem, ROAR!



If I’m consumed with a writing piece, novel or screenplay, or now looming--a short story deadline, I’ll work on that or do Room Mom duties. But, with my family in town, it’s time to just enjoy each other’s company. Midnight post so my day tomorrow can be open to keep four kids happy and busy and bonding. Go, Familian CHODE!

Off to watch a few shows, fast forward button on the ready.

ESTA LATER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story of a Stolen Mermaid--(and the Infringement of an Artist)

Fact: I wrote Sirena: A Mermaid Legend from Guam in 2010. Fact: My brother, Sonny Chargualaf is the talented artist behind the imagery. ...