Tuesday, November 15, 2011

‘Cause I Want It Now…Day 15 of NaBloPoMo

My screenplay is kerplunk and staying stagnant until I feel inspired again. (Re-submission is due today!) I appreciated and needed the two expert reader analyses, which I received last week. Realistically, and with life and the mundane requiring my attention, I begrudgingly let go of Verona, Jack and Garrett for now.

I want to do the screenplay revisions justice and I don’t have the focus, time, inspiration or drive to do so right now (whine, whine, WINE--I need some WINE!)

It helped that I read in a BlueCat Screenplay newsletter that someone else received feedback and waited a year to resubmit. They again had the same glaring errors and after a year of revision, 8 days seems to be pushing it to have a quality product.

I’m the most impatient person you’ll meet, so this is a big step for me to withdraw and take “going back to the drawing board” seriously.

I wish I could give up this pipe dream of being a big shot writer, but I can’t. Maybe if I had the same drive to hit the gym, I’d be as bootielicious as Beyonce…so I need to redirect my focus so other things in my life can fall into place.

Balance, baby, balance.




In the meantime, the lyrics of “Hysteria” from Muse best suits my mood. Enjoy….

It's bugging me
Grating me
And twisting me around
Yeah, I'm endlessly
Caving in
And turning inside out

'Cause I want it now
I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul
And I'm breaking out
I'm breaking out
Last chance to lose control

It's holding me, morphing me
And forcing me to strive
To be endlessly cold within
And dreaming I'm alive

'Cause I want it now
I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul
I'm not breaking down
I'm breaking out
Last chance to lose control

And I want you now
I want you now
I feel my heart implode
And I'm breaking out
Escaping now
Feeling my faith erode




ESTA LATER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story of a Stolen Mermaid--(and the Infringement of an Artist)

Fact: I wrote Sirena: A Mermaid Legend from Guam in 2010. Fact: My brother, Sonny Chargualaf is the talented artist behind the imagery. ...