Saturday, November 19, 2011

Four Years Since I’ve Seen My Cousin! Day 19 of NaBloPoMo.

“Cousins are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.”--Ed Cunningham


I don’t have a sister, just two younger brothers. So, growing up, I always wanted what sisters shared. I found that with friends, but never to the level that felt like real-life sisterhood (my BFF Kim and MFF-mali friends forever, Alison excluded, of course). So, with the visit of my cousin from Texas, my dad’s brother’s daughter (lost yet?) I’m ecstatic. She and her younger sister, are very much like my sisters. They genuinely care about me and check on me and celebrate and mourn with me and for that, I’m thankful.

Our home is buzzing with excitement. My son is looking forward to seeing his two older cousins, both boys. And, my daughter has never met any of them. I was pregnant with her when we last trekked to El Paso for Christmas.

I have a lot to be thankful for this season, and being with family from my father’s side is wonderful. So, I’m back to cooking, cleaning and setting the stage for a wonderful eight days with family!

ESTA LATER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story of a Stolen Mermaid--(and the Infringement of an Artist)

Fact: I wrote Sirena: A Mermaid Legend from Guam in 2010. Fact: My brother, Sonny Chargualaf is the talented artist behind the imagery. ...