Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Congratulations CHE'LU! Biba Chamorro Culture!

Just mourning the fact that I could not attend this past weekend's 4th Annual Chamorro Cultural Fest in San Diego, hosted by the non-profit organization, CHE'LU. I hope to attend next year with old and new books in hand under my banner, Guam Books and Beads. Moving to Washington State had a lot to do with it.

I've been scouring Facebook for photos of the event to enjoy and thank you to CHE'LU Board Member, David Atalig (Betelnut Radio) for posting this video recap. Made me feel like I was there, minus the warmth and smells of Chamorro food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story of a Stolen Mermaid--(and the Infringement of an Artist)

Fact: I wrote Sirena: A Mermaid Legend from Guam in 2010. Fact: My brother, Sonny Chargualaf is the talented artist behind the imagery. ...