Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Emerald City Comic Con


Mission meet Stan Lee. Complete. Excelsior!

Mission meet Isaac Marion, author of Warm Bodies (which is also a good movie). Complete.
“In my mind I am eloquent; I can climb intricate scaffolds of words to reach the highest cathedral ceilings and paint my thoughts. But when I open my mouth, everything collapses.”
Isaac Marion, Warm Bodies



Emerald City Comic Con became a lovely reality when my awesome husband said, "Go, forth, Geeky Wife and have fun."

So, without a pass, and with a fellow Geeky mom, we set off early to Seattle. Within three minutes of arriving we were armed with passes and off exploring.

It was my first excursion to Emerald City's version of Comic Con, but it won't be my last. It was a manageable con, after what I like to think is a crazy big con; being initiated via San Diego Comic Con in 2011 and 2012. If you're afraid of large crowds, then that's not the con for you. But, ECCC might be your fit.

Overall, I was happy with ECCC. There were great writers and artists. It was nice to gaze at the likes of Tyler Hoechlin (Teen Wolf) and Scott Wilson (Hershel from the Walking Dead).

Being in Stan Lee's easygoing presence was great. Especially when my first picture was blurry and they declared a retake. So, upon sidling up to Mr. Lee, and smiling, he said, "You go girl." And go I did, because my 10 seconds of basking in his genius geek glory was over.

The nicest surprise was meeting Isaac Marion. When he politely accepted my request for a photo, he rose, and kept rising and I craned my neck to look up at his scruffy brown beard. Like a dufus, I declared, "Wow. You are tall!" He replied, "Yeah, that's why it might be better to stay seated." Although I told him to sit if he was more comfortable, he didn't and I ended up with a great picture next to a tall awesome author who writes of love and zombies, and I looked like the happiest Pacific Islander Asian hobbit next to this statue of a man, but that was okay.

Future Mission. Meet Kevin "Silent Bob" Smith.

COSPLAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story of a Stolen Mermaid--(and the Infringement of an Artist)

Fact: I wrote Sirena: A Mermaid Legend from Guam in 2010. Fact: My brother, Sonny Chargualaf is the talented artist behind the imagery. ...