Monday, October 21, 2013

Happy Birthday, Dad.

62 would have been a grand celebration.


My father remains in my heart,
Taken six years ago, too soon
I regret that he did not meet his
granddaughter, spunky and tough like him
or watch his grandson evolve,
smart and kind like him
He did not see my mother
flourish in his absence, despite her heavy heart
He did not witness
his daughter find her true calling
or his son carry on his passions
For these reasons I miss him so,
I urge those who have their fathers
To cherish the time you have
Six years later, and I’m still reeling
Regretting, remembering….all the things my father was
and all the things my father did not see

Tedy Gamboa Chargualaf, my latte stone

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story of a Stolen Mermaid--(and the Infringement of an Artist)

Fact: I wrote Sirena: A Mermaid Legend from Guam in 2010. Fact: My brother, Sonny Chargualaf is the talented artist behind the imagery. ...